Monday, November 9, 2009

It's strange ...

It's strange to think that 5 years ago, I was just a day away from being a Mom. It's strange to think that I didn't yet know how much love my heart was capable of holding and giving. It's strange to think that I didn't think I could love Jeff more than I did.

And just like that, Mylie was born and my entire life changed. Every little part of it. I didn't think I could love Jeff any more than I already did, and then I saw him hold a minute old Mylie and I fell even deeper. I loved Mylie before she was born, but when I held her, my whole life changed. I knew I would love her and protect her and teach her and sacrifice for her ... and I would be happy to do so.

Mylie and I were talking about her birthday the other day and I was explaining to her that before she was born, I wasn't a Mom. She couldn't even comprehend it, it was so funny. She made me a Mom. I'm so excited for her 5th birthday, but a bit emotional about it too. I've been working on something special for her birthday party and I have had a lot of laughs and tears while doing it.

I don't really even have the words for what I am trying to say, but goodness, I love this girl. I love the baby she was and the girl that she is. I love her kind heart and her quick wit, her willingness to help others and her ability to make others laugh. I love how much she loves her Daddy and her brother and her puppy ... and me. I love it when she tells me I'm the best Mom ever, or the Mom-diggity. I love it when she tells me I'm a good cook or when she can't wait to show me something. I love the pictures I have hanging in my office that she drew for me. Mostly I just love her madly. I'm thankful Heavenly Father had enough trust in me to send her to our family. She brings so much joy into our home and our heart.

So Mylie (or Bear, as Daddy calls her), we love you!

3 comments:

B said...

Mylie calls you the mom-diggity!? Funny!

jonutz gang said...

Happy birthday Mylie. Where does time go??

The Hawks Family said...

So sweet.. she is a precious girl I can't believe she is five.. Can't wait for her party..