Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Gonna party like its your birthday!"

What a wonderful weekend! Mylie's birthday was on Tuesday and we celebrated with lunch at Red Robin, a trip to the zoo and cupcakes. Jeff and I both took the day off and it was great. We had her birthday party on Saturday and had a lot of fun. My mom and dad drove over on Friday night and brought Darcy, Max and Eliza with them. Darcy and Max stayed at our house ... party time!

Saturday was the party and it fun (and busy)! I put together a slide show of pictures of Mylie from birth to her 5th birthday. It was such fun to do and we had it playing during the party. It was fun because her friends and family who were at the party were in the slide show as well so it was fun to see how everyone has changed. Since I had watched it multiple times through the party, I made it through without crying.

Mylie wanted to have a bowling party, but we decided to have a bowling party at home. The kids bowled outside, and although it was cold, they had a lot of fun. Mylie took 3rd place! {Max, Helen, Mylie & Drake}


Mylie got lots of fun presents, including a dollhouse. It was mine when I was little and my mom repainted it and brought it over for her. She was very excited. It made me a big sentimental.


And of course, there was cake! Although I consider myself a good cake, we go for the Costco cake for birthdays. Yum! Mylie picked the princess decorations and I picked the cheesecake filling. All were happy.


It was a fun day. I'm grateful for Mylie and the special girl she is. I'm also grateful for wonderful family and friends who love and support us. My children will never doubt that they are loved by many people.
We had a fun rest of the weekend. Papa took us all to Fudruckers (his favorite) and then all the kids (except Blakey) went swimming with Papa on Saturday night. Mylie had fun having Max go to primary with her on Sunday. We had a yummy lunch (I did cook this time) after church and then Gramma, Big A Papa and the kids left for Idaho Falls.
I'm not quite ready for the week to start. One week until Thanksgiving break (yay!). I'm tired and tired of being sick. The kids and I have been on antibiotics (we had strep last week) for 10 days and I think all of us feel worse than we did 10 days ago. Jeff has a terrible cold/cough, that is lingering. Mylie and I are working on cleaning her room (not my favorite task). I need pointers to help her keep her room clean. She is a hoarder and everytime we clean her room I empty out bags of paper. But we got a lot done tonight and hopefully can finish it up tomorrow. I already pulled the Santa card ... gotta have a clean room. Believe me, there is no shame in milking the Santa card for everything it is worth.
So here's to a good week, to less sniffles and sneezes, to me being patient and motivated! Hey, a girl can dream, right?

5 comments:

The Hawks Family said...

I love it I am thinking the same thing I am sick of sickness it's seems like it's not going to end.. Looking foward to watching movie with you tonight.. talk to you soon it's seems like it's beem so long.

JCLS said...

Fun! Wish I could have been there.....

Andrus Family said...

Sounds like such a fun day for her! And how lucky to have the cousins come help celebrate!

Mark and Lachelle said...

What a fun little birthday party!! Especially the bowling outside part! Awesome!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! So who is the one in the Missouri Tigers shirt? Can't help but notice that!