Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This girl ...

... can be trouble. Tonight while taking a bath she decided to dump an entire bottle of shampoo in and add a bit more water because she wanted some more bubbles. The bubbles completely filled the tub and the water splashed out, a lot of it. Now this isn't the first time this has happened. Mylie + the bathroom = trouble.

She got out of the tub and Jeff told her she had to go right to bed without a song (our normal bedtime routine). We also told her that she would have to do extra chores to buy a new bottle of shampoo. While Jeff cleaned up the mess, I helped her get her jammies on and did her hair and then went in her room while she said her prayers. She said the "regular" part of her prayer ("bless President Monson, things to be good at Daddy's work, John and both the Grandmas to feel better and Courtney's baby"), she then said in a sniffly voice, "Help me to be gooder and not dump bubbles in the tub and to do my extra chores. Amen."

How do I even keep a straight face around her? How can she take me to the edge of frustration in one second and then just want to hug her and never let go in the next? Life is never boring with this girl!

3 comments:

AO said...

What a cutie!

Jessica said...

Must be the age, my boys did the SAME thing just about a week ago, and BRAND new bottle of shampoo! I swear it took 50 gallons of water to wash all of the bubbles out. But what a cute prayer, she is a doll.

Mark and Lachelle said...

I love hearing about her little stories! They make me laugh. I hope that she is being "gooder" and not dumping shampoo in the bathtub....although, I must admit, it was a pretty smart idea for more bubbles ;)