Find joy in the journey.
During General Conference last weekend, President Monson's talk truly amazed me. He talked about how life is always changing, but how we need to find joy in the journey. It is so true. It is so easy to think that we can be happy after some particular event happens, but really, we can be happy now. He also said that at any given point in our life we have both an abundance and a lack of abundance, it is simply which one we chose to focus on. I see this in my own life and it was such a great reminder and something I definitely needed to hear. So, note to self, even though financial and time constraints stress me out ...- I have two happy and healthy kids who make me laugh everyday.
- I have a husband who works hard to provide for us (and who is really good looking).
- I have a job I love which is flexible and affords me the opportunity to work part-time.
- We have a nice home with plenty of room.
- We have cars that take us where we need to go.
- We have awesome, loving, supportive extended families.
- I have great girl friends. And even better, I have sisters.
1 comment:
Amen to all of that. Ecspecially the girlfriend part :).
Post a Comment