- Long Walk to Freedom: The Autobiography of Nelson Mandela -I started this last night and it is really good so far!
- A Tree Grow in Brooklyn - Betty Smith -this was on my list last summer and I didn't read it
- Princess Academy - Shannon Hale -my Aunt Jalyn recommended this years ago, I picked it up for $1.99 today!
- Unbroken - Laura Hillenbrand -this was on my list last summer as well. It has been recommended by many people
- The Glass Castle - Jeanette Wells -I have heard this is a very good memoir.
- Hotel of the Corner of Bitter and Sweet - Jamie Ford - this one has been on my Nook for at least a year waiting to be read.
- To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee -I haven't read this in years, but I show the movie to my law & justice students every semester.
- World Without End - Ken Follett -this is the follow-up (but not sequel) to Pillars of the Earth. I read it a few summers ago and really liked it!
I am not teaching this summer (whoo too) but I am taking a summer class. I have really been making an effort the last few summers to break out of my normal genres. I am excited about this list!
1 comment:
Thanks for the book suggestions!! I have read Glass Castle, it is a lot different than most books I read, it is one you can't put down for how freaking crazy it is. It is so hard to believe it is a true story! Definataly a book to read!!! Let me know what you think. Another really cute good read is called Wrapped in Rain by Charles Martin,.
Post a Comment