Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer break is here!

Summer break is here and I am nearly giddy with excitement.  And while it is so fresh in my mind, I want to remind myself of many of the wonderful things in my life. 


  • Obviously these two.  Not only do I love these kids, I adore them.  Don't get me wrong, somedays they drive me bonkers ... but I am so blessed to be their mom.  I am so excited to spend the summer with them.  To lazy mornings, to eating lunch in the backyard everyday, to have adventures together, to hug each other, to read together, to snuggle on the couch together and watch movies.  I could go on and on, but to sum it up, I am just excited to spend the whole summer with them. 
  • I feel so blessed that I have a job that makes this possible.  
  • To go to Grandma's.  The kids and I are planning a couple trips to Idaho Falls.  We are excited to play with cousins - ALL the cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents and GREAT-grandpas.  
  • I'm excited to have hobbies that I will get to spend time doing this summer. 
  • I am grateful that I get the opportunity to learn new things this summer.  I'm taking a grad class and attending a conference in July. 
  • And last, but certainly not least, I am so grateful for Jeff.  Tonight we were watching "The Sound of Music" with the kids and I told them that my favorite part was when Captain Von Trapp and Maria sing "somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good."I feel this way about Jeff.  I can hardly express what a wonderful father and husband he is.  He does so much during the school year to make my life easier, I am looking forward to helping make his life easier this summer.  
Bring on summer!

No comments: