Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Blakey!

Three years ago it was superbowl Sunday. Instead of watching the game at home and partying, we were watching it at the hospital. I don't remember who played or anything about the game, except that during the 5 o'clock hour a big bundle of joy came into our lives. Blakey (AKA Bubba) was a whopping 9 pounder who stole my heart and has not given it back.

Before having Blake I could not imagine how I could love another baby as much as I loved Mylie. I couldn't comprehend how my heart could hold that much love. But it does, it just happens.

Today we celebrated Blake's 3rd birthday. He got to take cupcakes to school to share with his friends. When Daddy got home from work tonight we opened presents.

Taking a call from Papa.

Wondering why Lila got him a bike bell?
Mylie was so excited for him to open his presents from her. She got him batman silly bands, books and a coloring book.
THIS is my favorite picture from the whole day. We told him to close his eyes while we got his other presents.
Then he decided to just cover his eyes, except he was peeking.
Daddy brought in two surprises for him. A new big boy bike!! He was so excited.
And a new gun. Let's just say that Bosco may need therapy someday. He is Blake's favorite moving target.

Apparently all boys like guns that make noise and light up.

Blake picked Carl's Jr. for his birthday dinner. So after opening presents it was off to there. The kids had fun playing. We came back home for birthday cake.




I think Blakey had a great birthday. He certainly has added so much to our family. He is such a funny little boy and I can't help but laugh every single day. He is a cuddlebug and a momma's boy, and I like that. He is also a daddy's boy and his sister's best friend.

Trying to hold up 3 fingers ... its kind of tricky!! Happy Birthday Blake!

No comments: