Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking Back. Looking Forward.

2010 was really a wonderful year for our family! Jeff tested for and received his Black Belt in Kenpo. We went to Disneyland with the Ritchies and Mylie got to meet her favorite princess. Blake started and finished speech therapy and is a completely different little boy now. I was hired to my dream job, a full time Criminal Justice (and also the program head) for Criminal Justice at College of Western Idaho. Mylie started Kindergarten and Blake started preschool. We travelled, we played and watched soccer, we watched lots of movies, we laughed (and laughed some more). We were grateful for our families and friends and enjoyed all the time we were able to spend with them. We were busy.

My word for 2010 was EXAMPLE. I have been thinking about it the last week, trying to gauge how I did. I tried ... does that count for something? I feel like I have tried to be calmer with my kids, to be a better example of handling emotions. I try to be an example of a good person with all people I come into contact with. I believe that this word is something that I should always work on.

And for 2011 ...

There are so many things I want to SIMPLIFY - my priorities, my house (major purging), my diet, my finances. I believe that a lot of how complicated life is depends on how complicated we make it. This is the year I turn 35. I have so much to be grateful for, we have so many wonderful things in my life. I want to slow down and appreciate all those things, not always worrying about the next thing.

I feel optimistic that this is going to be a great year for me and a great year for our family. Happy New Year!!

No comments: