Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dear Internet ...

Dear Internet,

It is 10:59 on the last night of Christmas break. Sigh. I found the last bit of hidden Christmas candy (pretzel M&Ms, sorry Jeff!) and am munching away and uploading a few photos. My little space heater is working away keeping my feet toasty warm. Next to me is a stack of textbooks. I am quite excited to start my new position at the college in one week (1/10/11) ... it is just the week between now and then that makes me want to break out in hives. I have two online courses to finish (AKA start) developing (hence the reason I am at the computer instead of tucked into bed reading the Outlander series, sigh).

This week has some mixed emotions as I will be finalizing all my work with Youth Court and wrapping everything up there (the reason for the hives!!). It isn't so much that I am sad to say goodbye to Youth Court, I enjoyed my time working there and had a great experience, and feel ready to move on. I feel like I am saying goodbye to more than just Youth Court, but to a phase of my life that is ending. The phase where I was a mom with babies. My babies aren't so baby anymore.

{Yes, I realize that Blake is sitting in the ottoman. He's a strange one.}

I am in the process of giving away the baby stuff. Soon there won't be a swing, an exersaucer, or a bouncy seat shoved into the closets. Soon my baby won't be in diapers anymore. It is a strange feeling. I really feel like we are entering into a new stage of our lives. And it is strange.

1 comment:

jonutz gang said...

Don't it's when you start thinking like that that you have another ha ha speaking form experience. Love you I know it's so hard watching them grow. They are so sweet and innocent before school :).