Today I had one of the most touching moments I have had as a parent. Blake fell asleep on the couch late in the afternoon watching football. When he woke up he was not a happy boy. I tried to calm him, but he wanted nothing to do with me. Jeff tried, same result. First he laid on the floor and sobbed. Then he got up and went and found Mylie. He was sobbing, saying, "Sissy, sissy." She came in and said, "Do you need me Bubba?" She sat on the couch got his blanket, and lifted him up on her lap. He laid his head down and held her hand. She rubbed his head and whispered, "I''ll always be here for you Bubba."
I get tears in my eyes again just thinking about it now. He calmed right down and laid there with her for awhile. She talked quietly to him and when he felt better, she went and got him a drink and off they went to play. Oh how I love these kiddos of mine!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is the sweetest thing ever!
THat just made me get teary eyed....wow. What a great pair of siblings.
Love that :)
Post a Comment