Friday, January 29, 2010

Thursdays.

Thursdays are my days off from work and school, though usually I am still working at home, grading papers or prepping or something of the likes. The kids and I really needed to have a good day this Thursday. I stayed up late the night before grading. Even though I was tired when I got up the next morning (after a whopping 5 hours of sleep), I woke up with the determination to have a great day.

The kids slept in until 7:45, a beautiful thing in itself. I made oatmeal for Mylie for breakfast and she told me it was delightful! DELIGHTFUL, she really said that. I knew that moment we would have a fabulous day. After a bit we headed off to the library for story time. When Mylie was little we went to story time every week. It has been a long time since we have gone and the kids loved it. We checked out a big ol' pile of books. We met Alicia and kiddos there and then decided to go to lunch, our husbands met us too and we had a delicious, oh so yummy lunch. The kids were all so good, we had great food and great conversation. The kids and I then met Melissa and the kids at a new {amazing} scrapbook store in Boise. Such fun! We browsed around, picked up some supplies, and signed up for a crop next week. Mylie picked out some valentine's paper.

We came home, Blake {kind of} went down for a nap and Mylie and I scrapbooked. We worked on projects, decorated valentine's mailboxes and just had a lovely afternoon. Blake got up and we read stories and played. It WAS a delightful day. No one argued or yelled or talked back {including me!}. Blakey only went to time-out a handful of times {hey, he is two, it is to be expected}. It is SO easy to get SO busy. I'm trying very hard to make all my moments with my kids quality moments.

My Dove chocolate fortune today said, "Happiness is in the heart, not in the circumstances." Note to self, remember that!

2 comments:

Carey said...

I love days like that. Even though I'm home all day with the boys, those "delightful days" are rare. I need to do better.

jonutz gang said...

Wow that is a day to remember. I need one of those. Glad it went so well. See you are an amazing mom.