We spent 20 minutes or so walking around the cemetary. As we were getting ready to leave Mylie ran back to Grandma's grave, I was slower, with Blake in tow. Mylie was sitting next to the flowers, rearranging them once again. She looked up at me with a tear stained face and said, "Momma, I miss Grandma Hammond." My eyes welled up with tears too and I reassured her that I missed her too. Mylie is so sweet and tender hearted and is wise beyond her years. She hugged me and asked, "Mom, will Grandma come back from Heaven and be resurrected?" I assured her that she would and that we would see her again someday. She looked at me with tear stained cheeks and then her sweet little voice said, "Then why is it taking so long?" It was nearly impossible to stop the tears after that.
Though I am always grateful for the knowledge that our families can be together forever, it hits closest to home at moments like this.
2 comments:
Oh that is so sweet, it brought a little tear to my eye as well! What a sweetheart!! Love her new due as well!
that is so sweet..
Post a Comment