Saturday, May 23, 2009

I feel old today.

Jeff told Mylie that on Friday night that they would have a tent camp out in the backyard. After work they got the tent all set up, the sleeping bags laid out (no air mattress though), and the lantern set up. I figured that Blake and I would give it a shot, I wasn't sure how he would do. After playing for a bit, he did fall asleep and I thought he just might make it ... but only a little bit later he woke up ready to play again. At that point it was kind of a lost cause and we decided that he would have to sleep inside. Jeff asked Mylie who she wanted to sleep in the tent with her and she said Momma. Jeff took Blake in and Mylie and I got all resettled. I was in the middle of a good book, so after Mylie fell asleep (which was pretty quick), I read until I finished my book at about 12:30.

It's been a long time since I camped, like 7 years, and there was an air mattress then, and I was in my 20s. I was pretty stiff when I woke up this morning, but it was a fun night. Mylie snuggled up close to me all night. It was quiet with lots of time to think about how lucky I am to have such a sweet daughter. It was fun to something different!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You two are such nice parents....that sounds fun, but I don't think you will catch me outside "roughing" it like that.