But more about Blake. At one year old - he isn't walking, but will stand on his own and walk all along the furniture, he speed crawls, he is very chatty, he loves to eat, he really loves his sissy, he loves the bath and is a major splasher, he has the softest skin, he has major thunder thighs, he is so ticklish - even scratching his back makes him giggle, he is very busy but will occasionally find time to snuggle his Momma. He brings a lot of smiles and giggles to our family. I know that I am definitely blessed with two wonderful kiddos!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Happy Birthday Blakey!
Today was Blake's first birthday and was a wonderful day. I took the day off of work and Jeff only worked until noon. We took the kids out to lunch and then we headed to the zoo. It was 43, sunny and just what we all needed. Mylie was super excited to take her new camera and take pictures.
This is while we were looking at the new {awesome} lion exhibit. There is a big picture window an the light was totally reflecting in Blake's eyes.
Daddy and Mylie had to go on the slide a few times.

And seriously, I just love these kids. They make me so happy and I am so lucky to be their Momma. They have taught me so much about life and about myself. And really, could they be any cuter?
And here is proof that spring will be here soon. I love this tree {at the zoo} and it has the most gorgeous flowers on it. I cannot wait to see it in bloom. But the buds and the blue skies and the sun definitely make me happy!
Love these dudes!
And finally, Blake got to see some animals. The penguins were just at his level.
After the zoo we did some shopping and I scored a major deal at Dillard's on shoes for Blake. Daddy treated us to Mrs. Fields cookies while we were there {yum}. Then an exciting trip to Sam's Club and Wal-Mart for groceries. It was a great day and I just love days when we are all together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
43 degrees in February? Jealous! Cute pictures of all the kiddies at the zoo! And a Happy Birthday to Blake!
Happy Birthday to Blake. I love blue-sky days. I'm glad you had fun at the zoo. Have a great day!
How fun! They grow up too fast! Before you know it they will be getting ready for jr. high. I'm not ready for that! It feels like I just had him. It looks like Blake had a Happy Birthday! Cute kids.
Happy Birthday Blake. You are so lucky you have two awesome kids. Looks like the zoo was a double birthday gift:). Love ya
Post a Comment