Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Reasons I love summer break ...

  • Mac and I are sitting and relaxing in the recliner.  
  • I don't have papers to grade.  
  • I don't have any deadlines looming. 
  • It was 65 today. 
  • My house is clean.  
  • We made a yummy dinner tonight - in fact, I've made dinner every night this week (that is a big deal!)  
  • I still have a little bit of my vanilla diet coke left from happy hour.
  • We haven't been out of bed before 8:30 all week.   
  • But mostly, because I can hear the contagious laughter from Mylie and Blake playing together outside.  From what I can tell, Mylie is teaching Blake gymnastics.  There are lots of belly laughs to be heard.  
This summer is the first summer since I was 14 years old that I haven't worked.  And so far - it is delightful.  I don't think (knock on wood) that I have yelled all week.  We just play, sometimes take a nap, go to the park, go to happy hour, and play some more.  I am taking a grad class (online) at BSU this summer - get this, called Blogging in the Classroom.  Three days in and I think I will like it.  Yes, my homework all summer long will be to blog.  Can summer get much better?


No comments: