Earlier this week, my friend Melissa mentioned to me that they had Kermit and Miss Piggy at Build-a-Bear. I tried to resist, it lasted nearly 24 hours, but in the end it was futile. I gave in. We didn't tell the kids where we were going, just that we had to run an errand at the mall. When we walked in Build-a-Bear and they saw Kermit and Miss Piggy - well it was one of those moments when it is really fun to be able to surprise your kids with something that they love.
![]() |
| (Yes, Blake is wearing his Halloween costume at the mall.) |
Of course, we had to doll Miss Piggy up - she is all about fashion. As Mylie pointed out earlier in the week, after she watched the Muppets for the first time and saw Miss Piggy, she became very fashionable herself - ironically, when I thought about when we saw the movie, she is right! She has been much more aware of her hair and outfits since then.
I asked Blakey if he wanted to get Kermit a shirt - because of course they had Kermit the Frog shirts for Kermit the Frog. Blake looked at me like I was an idiot and reminded me that frogs don't wear clothes. Duh. And phew! $7 saved. Blake was more concerned with bathing Kermit (one of the things you get to do when making your animal). Blake was really concerned Kermit may have toe jam.
![]() |
| Toe jam be gone! |
Kermit and Miss Piggy have not been out of the sight since yesterday. And now when the kids sing songs from the Muppets - Kermit and Miss Piggy are singing along too (because these Muppets are also puppets). The theme song from the movie has the following lines:
I've got everything that I need right in front of me, Nothing's stopping me, nothing I can't be with you right here next to me.That kind of sums it up. We may be kind of dorky driving around in our mini-van, belting out Muppet lyrics, but I love these dorks. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment