Monday, February 27, 2012

Playing Hooky

I don't go to campus on Mondays.  Blake stays home with me and we play and I grade.  Mylie woke up this morning complaining of a stomachache, or a cough, but mostly that she misses me during the week and really wants to stay home today and play with Blake.  It only took about 17 seconds for me to think about it and totally give in to her.


They started out by making a tent in Blake's room.  They were so happy with themselves - I remember making tents with my brother, and really, it was a lot of fun.  They had their lunch in there and even faked taking a nap in there.  Now we have moved on to snuggling on the couch, eating popcorn, and watching "Enchanted," which is one of our favorite movies.

I know that she should be at school - I really do, her stomachache/cough seemed to have magically fixed itself.  She will be at school tomorrow and the rest of the Mondays this year.  But just for today, I am totally OK with staying home with my two favorite kids.  I miss them when they are at school, I love watching them play together more than anything, it probably won't be always that they want nothing more than to be together with me - so for today I'm taking that.  Today I'm OK with playing hooky.

No comments: