Monday, April 30, 2012

Just what I needed!

This weekend Jeff rode the Frontrunner bike ride (62 miles) in Salt Lake.  You can read his account of it here.

My wonderful mom changed her weekend plans and offered to watch the kids for us on Friday night.  Our plan was to leave our house Friday morning and then meet her in Pocatello and she would take the kids and we would go to Salt Lake - we would head back to Idaho Falls on Saturday night.  When we got to Pocatello, she encouraged us to stay the whole weekend in Salt Lake and said she would meet us back in Pocatello on Sunday afternoon.  She said she remembered having little kids and the need for time away.  I love her more than I can even write.

This weekend was just what I needed for a few reasons:


  • I miss Jeff.  Is that silly that we live in the same house and I miss him sometimes?  There are many days when I feel we just see each other in passing and give each other a high-five.  I anticipate the next few weeks to be even busier than the last few weeks.  Hours in the car together to talk and a weekend full of dates was exactly what we needed.  
  • I love to see Jeff succeed!  This ride was awesome for him and I love to see him be successful in what he wants to do.  He is such a support to me in all my hobbies, I love when I can extend him the same support.  
  • I needed to miss my kids.  I love my kids so much, and love every minute that I spend with them (ok, most minutes ...).  But having the opportunity to miss them is always good.  I was excited to see them, relished in Mylie's squeals when she saw me and Blake's 5-minute (not exaggerating) long hug.  
  • I needed to hug my sister.  It was fun to hang out with my baby sister Bailey while Jeff was on his ride.  She met us one night for dinner too.  I can't wait for Courtney to move closer and for even more quality sister time!
  • I needed to be grateful.  After we picked up the kids and were driving back, I was driving and everyone else fell asleep.  I had one of those moments that Heavenly Father gives you when you can really see and feel how incredibly blessed you are.  I was thankful to be reminded of this.  
  • I needed to recharge.  Aside from the ear infection I have today (ugh), I feel like I can make it through the last few weeks of the semester.  Summer break is just around the corner!  Whoo hoo!

No comments: