Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh Blake!

This morning Blakey woke up crying that his stomach hurt.  I had class this morning, so Jeff stayed home with him in the morning and I came home after my class so Jeff could go into work for the afternoon.  When I got home, the furnace technician was at our house also, just there to do some routine maintenance. 

Jeff had put Blake in his room to take a nap.  Blake heard me come in and started telling me that he didn't want to nap, that he wanted to see what "the guy" was doing in the garage.  I put him back in his bed, then I ran to my car to get something.  When I came in (all of 1 minute later), he was quiet.  I went in and made some lunch and then went into the office to work on the computer.  About 10 minutes went by and I stopped to think about how quiet Blake was being.  Then I heard his little voice, but it sounded distant. 

Then it hit me ... he was not quietly napping in his room.  I rush to the garage, and there is Blake standing there watching the technician work on the furnace.  I hear Blake ask, "Do you like bad guys?"  I apologized to the technician and explained that I thought he was taking a nap.  Oh goodness, this boy!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

haha! Do you like bad guys?