Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer 2011


This summer just flew by!  I can't believe its the middle of August and school is about to start.  Here are some highlights from our summer:

Dinner at Jaker's to celebrate Craig and Kristine's 40th Anniversary!

The whole ham-damn fam!  There are pictures with Blake and Dad looking at the camera, but I love this one because I think it really captures how those two feel about each other!

Trip to Bend - meeting Elena for the first time!

"Sisters, Sisters ...."  Trip to Sisters, OR with Leslie and Karen to the quilt festival.  Delightful trip!


Jeff's D.C. Trip

Jeff's summer injury.

Time for a little fun in the sun - Eagle Park

Lake Lowell

Kickball at the family reunion

Mini-golf at the family reunion

Other highlights include:
*10 days spent in Idaho Falls with all the cousins
*Blake's first stitches (in his chin)
*Putting lots of miles on the new mini-van
*Mylie taking tennis lessons
*Jeff's stitches
*Lots of crafting
*Blake's new love of all things superhero
*Jeff biking 1000 miles
*End of summer puke fest - ok not really a highlight, but certainly memorable. 

Another great summer in the books.  I start classes Monday.  Mylie starts 1st grade on the 29th and Jeff starts his master's degree on 9/6.  Even though the school year is always busy at our house, I enjoy the routine of it.  Last semester was really tough getting into the groove of full time work, but I feel like I have a better handle on it and am hoping we have a smooth transition into the school year.  Cross your fingers for us!

No comments: