This was the view after a 2 minute walk from our cabin.
Mylie, giving Blake some pretty serious posing instructions. 
We got up close and personal with some wildlife.

Blake was determined to climb this tree.

We saw where Chief Jospeh is buried.

On Saturday it rained all day. We still had a great time hanging out at the cabin reading, watching movies, and playing. After lunch all four of us climbed into the big king bed and took a long afternoon nap. Mylie was snuggled up on one side of me and Blake on the other and as I listened to their quiet snores, I had to thank God for blessing me with this life.
After our nap, we decided to drive to the Hell's Canyon overlook. It was still raining .... (don't worry, Jeff was driving).

It was so foggy when we got to the top, that we couldn't really see anything.
Foggy family picture! 
On Sunday, we decided rain or shine, we were going to ride the tramway to the top of Mt. Howard (8150 feet). Now, I was nervous about this as I have a bit of a fear of heights. But I told Jeff I would. Here was the base ...

And here was the top ...

Of course, I had to make the kids pose, whether they were freezing or not!

What a wonderful trip and a wonderful time spent with my little family. The kids were so good. Within the first 15 minutes that they were playing outside of the cabin, they made friends with the kids at the next cabin over. They were good in the car and thought the cabin was about the coolest thing ever!!
I probably sounded like a broken record (or like my mom), as I kept telling Mylie that some people live their whole lives and don't ever get to see the type of beautiful scenery that we get to see all the time. Though after about 90 minutes into the windy, foggy road to the Hell's Canyon overlook, and hearing me say that over and over again, Jeff and I figured if she could, she would say "lucky bastards." Haha!
Here's to many more long weekends at Wallowa Lake!

No comments:
Post a Comment