This morning was Jeff and I's first time ever going to parent teacher conferences. It was great to hear from someone else how neat my kid is. For some reason it seemed kind of fitting that today was our first parent teacher conference and that nine years ago today, Jeff proposed to me. Nine years ago is a long time! I look at us then, and I look at us now. So much has changed in our lives, but I would not change it for anything.
But time does go fast. It is hard to believe my baby girl will turn six next week. And Blake is growing into such a boy, there isn't much toddler left in him. Though there was a moment earlier this week, he had just gotten up and I was changing his diaper. He was still kind of sleepy and he stretched and yawned ... his whole face scrunched up and for just a moment, he looked exactly like he did as an infant. I wish I could have put that in a bottle. Or when they both want to climb up on my lap and snuggle with me, I'd like to bottle that too.
It makes me think about what the next nine years will bring. When Mylie is 15 and Blake is almost 12, will they still argue over who gets to sit with Mom? Will they still talk my ear off all day long telling me every single little thing that happened in their day? Will they still be best friends?
But time marches on, there is no way of knowing what the future holds, only the knowledge that you need to enjoy each and every day!
1 comment:
Time sure does march on...I still don't believe that I am old enough to have an 8th grader! It scares me...I think back to when we were that age and some of the stupid stuff we did. Congrats on the full time position at the college. I saw you on the news! I always knew you would be famous!
Post a Comment